Welcome at the ERICA website
The aim of the European Rare Disease Research Coordination and Support Action consortium (ERICA), in which all 24 European Reference Networks (ERNs) take part, is to build on the strength of the individual ERNs and create a platform that integrates all ERNs research and innovation capacity.
Through knowledge sharing, engagement with stakeholders in the rare disease domain and assembly of transdisciplinary research groups working across the global health spectrum, ERICA strives to reach the following goals:
- new intra- and inter-ERN rare disease competitive networks
- effective data collection strategies
- better patient involvement
- enhanced quality and impact of clinical trials
- increased awareness of ERNs innovation potential.
ERICA will strengthen research and innovation capacity by integration of ERN research activities, outreach to European research infrastructures to synergistically increase impact, and innovation. This will result in efficient access and safe therapies for the benefit of patients suffering from rare diseases and complex conditions.